What to wear at a Winter Wedding? 👰 🤵
The sun may have set on the busiest wedding season of the year, but round two has arrived – and with it the ‘what to wear to a winter wedding?’ dilemma. We have seen an unprecedented rise in Winter Weddings and Josh and David are working pretty much throughout the winter months.
With sustainability high on everyones agenda, being seen in the same dress at multiple events is now encouraged. Red is a popular colour for guests at Winter Weddings and look no further than Sienna Miller for the ultimate endorsement of fire engine red. She attended Jennifer Lawrence and Cooke Maroney’s wedding in a scarlet floor-length gown with sleeves so puffy they almost required their own space on the seating plan 🤣 When it comes to texture, you can’t go wrong with velvet. For prints, think moody blooms, for example floral twists of neon on dark silk. Seek out unusual bag brands for styles that won’t be spotted anywhere else in the pews, and shoes, although glamorous are a wedding guest’s secret weapon for navigating grass or gravel. No spare flats required.
Here’s our edit of what to wear to a winter wedding 💒
1. Icy blue. The perfect winter colour. Think printed chain mail shoulder bags, rich polka-dot silk dresses and satin sandals.
2. Black velvet. Our favourite texture. Think feather bracelet bags, one shoulder maxi dresses and black satin chain detail pumps.
3. Ruby red. Always looks stunning in photographs. Think cold-shoulder pleated cotton-poplin midi dresses, wiggle beaded earrings and crystal embellished suede sandals.
4. Winter florals. Our favourite prints, think earrings in zirconia and sterling silver, blue velvet mini tote, floral-print satin maxi skirt and floral print blouses.
5. Bold suiting. Make a statement, think a wool hop sack blazer, wool trousers, Crystal embellished leather mules.
Wedding Dates are limited for 2020 but we still have availability. We are also taking bookings for 2021. Come on in and see Josh or David about your wedding.
T – 0191 565 6464
E – David@davidlawson.com
Have a look at our Wedding Photography here:-